Termites are cluster pests that invade your property. Their main food source is cellulose; hence each house has ample chance to invite this silent destroyer. Termites can appear in any plant or wood materials without any indication they are there. The termites have their teeth and claws as precisely designed weapons to tear off the hard-cellulose materials made of a plant like a block of wood or a book.
Regardless of the location of your home, termites will attack at any time of the year. Drywood termites are the most common type as they can be present and feed on wood at home. Subterranean termites start by building mud mounts outdoors and create a huge network of underground tunnel systems via which they attack your home from beneath. As termites are a continuous threat to your home in every season, it is very important to develop a pest control strategy that can be implemented when required. Termites do not take much time to cause damage to your property and with the expert termites control service in Salt Lake City, UT, Hybrid Pest Control, you will rest assured that your property is free of termite invasion.
How to Prevent Termites:
It is very important to eliminate the feeding sources for termites. For the majority of homes, removing firewood piles from beside the house and eliminating any wood, lumber or paper waste accumulated near the home foundation can be an easy home for a group of termites to start attacking your home. Make sure to remove all the wood remains or any other plant remains near the house to avoid termite’s entry to the house foundation. Termites will be in constant search of entry points into your house to feed on abundant wood items in it. It is advisable to have screens on all the openings to block these pests from entering inside.
- After all the possible preventive measures like screen and removal of termite feeding sources, ensure to look out for the house plumbing system to be working properly. Any water leakage in the plumbing system can be the best residing place for termites. As they feed on cellulose materials, they would also need adequate water to stay active.
- If there are regular rains, then it is evident that you cannot stop the rain, but you can prevent water from accumulating around your foundation. If the water pools up after every rainfall then immediately take action to suck out all the water from the place and also repair the place so that water does not accumulate for long in the future.
- A gutter system can also be a breeding place for termites. Blocked gutters will leak and that will be again an easy breeding area. If your gutter is leaking water into the lawn area, then install sinks so that rainwater has a perfect drainage system and eliminate any water accumulating spots in your lawn area.
- A good airflow all over the house is very crucial. Adequate movement of air prevents the creation of moisture which is the major culprit for the formation of termite home. Damp areas like the bathroom of a house are very much prone to this. A good idea would be mounting ventilation fans at the top part of the ceiling. Blend of hot air with water vapor upsurges to avoid dampness from remaining along the walls that may be an easy residing place for termites.
How to Destroy Termites:
Keep a constant check on the wood materials, any fencing or flooring of the house and take immediate action to destroy the termites if they are found. There are few home remedies along with certain chemical/non-chemical solutions that will eliminate a colony of termites.
1. The most usual method is to install barriers surrounding your home. It has to be done while construction of the house but the latest technologies have given the option for installing modern waterproof covering along with the barrier to the foundation.
2. Termites have difficulty in moving through the sand. Spreading a blockade of sand around the house foundation could reduce the effect of termites.
3. A steel mesh fixed to any opening of the house could also be an effective solution.
4. Certain chemical solutions are used to kill the termites. The most common among them is bait. The bait is spread out across the location of termite’s habitat and as they feed on them, they gradually die. Certain other liquid pesticides are specially prepared for eliminating termites. They are applied to the soil location. Certain building materials come ready with an infused pesticide in them. You can also treat your wood later on as required.
You may find the chemical solutions that are permitted for use across online stores or at a local hardware store. But it is advised to carry these operations through a professional terminate control service as per precise instructions. There are chances that these chemicals may enter into the water system of the home or any nearby water sources. This could be harmful to house members while also proving ineffective against the pests.
Why a professional terminate control service is suggested?
These are few factors to hire a termite control professional:
- All the home remedy treatments are usually not effective in the long term and will not avoid termites from re-entering your house.
- The termites are highly mysterious creatures that are tough to find out and usually show their presence when they damage any material of your property.
- The chemicals used for killing the termites are harmful if they enter into the human system. Hence, a trained professional will make sure that they are applied in a controlled and secure manner.
Termite invasion at your house could be a painful experience. Considering the intensity of nuisance that it creates and the tedious efforts you put to eliminate them, it is always good to contact a professional terminate control service in Salt Lake City, UT like Hybrid Pest Control.