Pests like termites could be an annoying issue for homeowners with their ability to destroy the wooden structures. Termites will attack everything cellulose ranging from wooden beams, cupboards, baseboard frames, furniture and can be found at surface levels to the attic region. They could also play hide and seek game as they reside in the soil under the frost line. They show their appearance during night times or when there are signs of furniture destruction.
Is pest Control harmful?
- Pest control can be harmful if not performed by expert professionals and improper use of compounds. Ensure to follow certain key elements while choosing the accurate pest control services and adhering to their instructions. This will make sure that you get effective pest control results without any harm to the residents and pets.
- Firstly, make sure to find the best solution for your pest issue by choosing the right pest control service company.
- Safeguard the pets like fish tanks or birdcages by covering them or shifting larger pets to other places. They could be problematic for fish, birds, and other pets.
- Eliminate or cover the food particles safely far from the area to be treated. After treatment, clean the region before preparing the food.
- Do not apply surface sprays to regions that are usually used by the residents like common furniture. Make use of the sprays in the regions as per instructions from the experts.
- Keep the room idle until the suggested time as per the advice of the experts. After you return, allow the air to pass by opening the doors and windows.
- Ensure to not overuse the pest control materials at all places where it is not needed. Reliable pest control services will make sure to look at the type of pests and suggest the usage depending on their habitat.
- Clean up all the waste products like paper debris, scraps, etc that will be a point of attraction for pests.
Natural Termite Control:
As a house owner, you could try some natural remedies as a primary aspect of pest control.
Eliminate mulch: Eliminate mulch which is an ideal food source for the termites. It is made up of cellulose and retains moisture for longer. Eliminating them from the home can avoid attracting termites altogether.
Sunlight: Sunlight is the first enemy for termites, and they run away to escape from direct sunlight or UV rays. Trim the roots, brush, or shrubs to expose the wooden parts or keep the furniture in direct sunlight for some time.
Cardboard trap: Wet some cardboard boxes and keep them in the regions of suspected termite infestation. It is a favorite food for termites and will attract them to a specific spot. Once you can pull them to one spot and start feeding on the cardboard, you can destroy them.
Vinegar: It is also a useful material that is present in your kitchen. It will not only be of great help to clean your kitchen or bathroom shower; it can also be effective in eliminating termites. Prepare a mixture of vinegar and lemon which will be an effective solution for termite elimination. Fill the solution in the bottle and spray it around the region where there is suspected termite infestation. This solution will be acidic and will eliminate the termites as they come in contact. Ensure to keep spraying the solution regularly for some days until you don’t find any traces of their survival.
Borates: Sodium borate, which is sold as the borax powder can eliminate termites along with the primary job of washing the laundry. You may sprinkle the powder around the infested region directly or prepare a solution with water and spray it at all places.
Similar to vinegar solution make sure to apply regularly for some days to eliminate them.
Orange Oil: This is made up of d-limonene at a high percentage which is harmful to termites. Buy a good orange oil that is got from orange peels that is available easily at supermarkets or garden stores. Orange oils have a harsh effect on the exoskeletons of termites to dissolve which leads to losing moisture and include proteins gradually making them lose a life. Follow the same process of spraying the oil on the suspected termite infestation regions. Carefully look at the signs of their infestation and keep spraying them until the signs are not visible. Do not stop the spraying coming to the region until the home is free from the termites and for some more days after the infestation.
Nematodes: Parasitic nematodes are roundworms that forage on termites but not causing any harm to the wooden substances. They also affect the other household pests but do not harm your family, plants, or other pests.
Termite elimination by Hybrid Pest control:
If you are still unable to get rid of the termite problem, then you have to go for expert termite pest control solutions like Hybrid pest control. Termites can be very difficult to be identified in regions like Utah which consists of subterranean termite species that spend all of their time underground or unseen within mud tubes. People are shocked to see the infestations in their homes all of a sudden. If you do not find any effect from DIY solutions then Hybrid Pest control is your best option. Expert and certified technicians will inspect the homes and offer many options to choose which procedure will be ideal for your situation and budget. You may be wondering about the cost of pest control services and the type of chemicals used in the process. But we offer it at a very reasonable price with safe solutions.
Hybrid pest control offers an Active Colony Elimination (A.C.E.) process that is much more affordable than full home treatment. Even though this treatment may not eliminate the entire home from future termite invaders, it will guarantee the complete elimination of your current termite problem with affordability when compared to traditional termite treatment.