You cannot just call a pest service control service and sit quietly by waiting for them to arrive. For this service to be effective, you need to act before and after the pest control service (PCS). If you hire the service of a reliable and experienced PCS, they will offer you with the complete list of preparation steps that you need to accomplish before they arrive. Failing to do this may cause the treatment to be unsafe and also result in the re-entry of the pests in the entire area. It is advised that you associate with the best residential pest control service in Salt Lake City, UT such as Hybrid pest control for successfully eliminating all the pests with safety precautions.
Below are general steps to be followed:
- Ensure that your house is clean and well-arranged before the PCS team arrives. It will cause the pests to be attracted to the PCS bait and not to the litter of your house.
- Free all your countertops from any foods and any other utensils and cover store all the remaining foodstuffs.
- Get rid of all the things from the top of the refrigerator and any other large appliances. Before the PCS arrives, remove all the appliances from the wall and clean beneath them.
- Children’s toys and any other appliances must be taken away from open and stored.
- Clean the kitchen, carpet and other surfaces with mop and detergent.
- Examine all the corners for any pest eggs and clean them before the PCS visit. Eliminate all these eggs and dispose of them properly.
- You will have to clean all the garbage from the home and eliminate them before the arrival of PCS.
- All the appliances like washing machines, cabinets, refrigerators, etc have to be moved away from the wall and clean in those areas. These are the places where you may find pest eggs and any other debris.
- You need to provide free access to the PCS people to reach all the areas that may be home to pests especially the areas which could be the room for the pest feces, exoskeletons or eggs.
- Paper waste proves to be the best feeding ground for these pests. If you have any excess paper garbage, then eradicate them soon so that the area will be free.
- Moisture is also a great room for pests to dwell. Ensure to seal any leakages found in the house water supply lines.
- If any person in your family is facing any health issue, if you have an infant or pets at your home, then take special safety measures before the PCS arrives. You must mention these conditions to the PCS team and keep your infants and pets away for a certain period as prescribes by them.
Below are precise steps to be followed for a different type of pests:
You need to make sure to clean your home as mentioned above. You will have to vacuum all the beds and carpets if your pet is a concern. Ensure to bathe your pet carefully, if you want the pet to be treated for fleas at the same time of pest control service.
Similar to flea removal, clean all your home before the arrival of the PCS team. If you hire the services of an experienced PCS, they will make use of gel bait to tempt and eradicate cockroaches. Hence it is important to eradicate any food items, so that they may deviate the cockroach attention from the gel bait. Ensure to thoroughly clean all the kitchen areas and any other food storage place in the house to increase the insecticide’s effectiveness. Also, update the PCS team if anyone in the family has any allergies from medicine and keep them out of the treated area for their recommended time.
As you performed for cockroaches, even ants must refrain from any food remnants in your home. Clean the kitchen and cupboards properly so that the lure bait does not lose its effectiveness in attracting the ants and kill them.
Termites attack in patches and as soon as the PCS team arrives, they will mark the infected area. Remove all the furniture or any appliances from the wall. If the area is in the clothing wardrobe, then remove all your clothes and cover them.
Rats and mice don’t stay single but in groups. If you see anyone of them, then you must think that there will be a bunch of them hiding in some place of the house. Check out for any holes in the walls or at the corners of the doors. Do not underestimate any small holes thinking that the rodents cannot enter through them. All the cracks and holes must be sealed properly.
Bed bug elimination:
Bedbugs often dwell in your beds or clothing materials. Remove all the linings and any other clothing material to wash them in hot water. Pick all the kid’s toys, furniture cushions and keep them in the hot sun if possible and never return them near to the infected area for a scheduled period after the treatment is done. If you do not follow these processes carefully, then bedbugs can easily escape and return to haunt you.
Process after the PCS:
Make sure to follow all the instructions mentioned by the PCS team after the treatment is completed. Keep the best possible hygiene to ensure that treatment must work effectively as possible. Care must be taken to not allow kids from touching the baits and getting close to the treated area for a scheduled period.
If you are looking for residential pest control service in Salt Lake City, UT then Hybrid Pest Control is the best solution. We have customized pest control solutions as per your requirements with many pricing choices. Our licensed and trained pest control experts will help to recognize the best treatment schedule and methods for your home.