Bed bugs have been the rising concern for people mainly in urban regions with their infestation on all kinds of residences, hotels, or other dwelling regions. You may be annoyed with those tiny creatures hiding beneath your bed, and irritating you with tricky bites that cause rashes on the skin. If you fall under this bucket, then you have to act proactively to eliminate the bed bugs effectively. If you are searching for – “bed bugs pest control near me”, then you have arrived at the right place. Read below to know why bed bugs pest Control is a must for everyone.
Why do you need the Bed Bugs Pest Control?
Bed bugs irritate if they start infestation by:
Bites: A major concern for getting rid of bed bug infestation is their bites. Humans are the major source of food for bed bugs and the more they stay in your space, they will relish your blood and breed easily.
Itchy rashes: Bed bug bites leave severe rashes that will itch you severely. The impulse to scratch the region is so high that you will not be able to resist the feeling no matter wherever you go. These rashes also leave dark marks on the skin which will stay for many days.
Easy spreading: Another major reason for spreading is that they travel easily from one place to another via several sources like bed sheets, pillows, clothes, and many more items. Hence, once it enters your home, it can easily breed across your space.
Humans are favorite hosts for bed bugs and they usually stick to the skin when you are sleeping. The bite may be painless during that time, but there will be some adverse effects to the saliva coming in contact with the body. This is the cause for bites to become red, itchy, or swollen. These bites are visible in a type of pattern like tiny clusters which are a clear indicator that bites are from bed bugs and not a different pest.
Where do bed bugs come from?
- With all this annoyance in place, how do bed bugs enter our dwellings? Bed bugs are supreme hidden travelers by clinging on to clothes, boxes, bags, suitcases, shoes, and other things and travel to a new space. As they gain entry into a new setting, they will spread easily throughout the space regardless of the type of building. They can hide in various places like beneath the bed, cracks, and openings in the wooden items. They can also hide beneath the baseboards, within bedsheet borders, pillow covers, and even mattress buttons. In some cases, bed bugs can enter from the picture frames, electrical sockets, switch frames, and even wallpapers. They find shelter in all types of buildings, homes, buses, car seats, etc. They are experts in hiding at all these places.
- Bed bugs generally come out during the night to breed on human blood. But they are clever creatures who can feast even during the day times particularly in highly-infested regions. They require only a few minutes to fill themselves with blood. Once they are done, they go back to their hiding zones and stay there for many days when they become ready to feed again. Consequently, they digest their meal, start mating, and lay eggs to continue the reproduction cycle. They also have a special ability to stay without a meal for many months and feast once they receive a host. They also can endure extreme temperatures (both hot and freezing) letting them withstand any condition. This makes them highly dangerous if not eliminated sooner.
How to Identify Bed Bugs:
Bed bugs are oval and develop only about 3/16th of an inch in size. They are brown and flat before feeding and change to red color with a swollen and elongated shape. Bed bugs possess 6 legs, 2 antennae, and wing pads but cannot fly. Adult bed bugs are seen to the human eye when observed around mattress borders and box springs. But the bed bug eggs and tiny ones are tough to be seen with the naked eye as they are tiny in size and light-colored.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation:
Watch for tiny, reddish-brown spots on the mattress, walls, furniture’s or clothes which is a clear sign of bed bug infestation. They make their presence stronger when they bite you leaving marks on the body, especially legs and arms. As mentioned above, these marks will be small and swell gradually as the bite becomes itchy and visible. It may take around a couple of days for the bites to be visible easily, letting the infestation to grow. But these bites alone cannot be indicated as bed bugs without you finding other above-mentioned pieces of evidence. Other indicators include bed bug molt skins, eggs, eggshells, and even visible bed bugs. The bed bug molt skins and their eggshells are light in color when they come out of an eggshell.
How to eliminate bed bugs?
With all the above considerations and the annoyance caused by bed bugs, it is important to control their infestations as soon as it is recognized. Generally, the elimination of these creatures in dwelling places consists of 3 important steps:
- Inspection and recognition
- Different types of control methods (Use of chemicals and non-chemical elements)
- Constant inspections to check for any new infestations.
These methods are effective only when performed by an expert service professional at the locations. Failure to execute them well will lead to new infestations and the space becoming a breeding home for new bed bugs.
Be smart and save your money, time, and skin by contacting reliable pest control services like Hybrid pest control who are experts in solving any type of bed bug problems effectively. We possess insured and licensed professionals who will take care of your space with optimal care. There will be a complete assurance of complete bed bug elimination while also safety to people/pets with our harmless products.